I am hooked on making this garlic mushroom as a side dish in my rice bowl ever since I made it. If you love a strong Asian umami flavored dish, you are going to love this recipe. It’s also garlicky, peppery, and a sweet kick. My favorite way to put together a complete meal is to pair it with cauliflower rice and some grilled fish. However, you can pair it with any protein, veggies, and grains you like.
My favorite mushroom combination is king trumpet, enoki, and shiitake. You can also use oyster mushrooms, maitake, or any kind of wild mushrooms. You can find a wide range of mushrooms in Asian stores.
It takes about 15 minutes to prepare this dish. Try it out and promise you will come back to it!
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups assorted mushrooms
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp coconut amino
- Carefully wash the mushrooms and cut into desired slices
- Heat the avocado oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the minced garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for about 6-8 mins or until the mushrooms become soft and golden. Season it with salt and pepper.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and drizzle the coconut amino.
- Served it with protein and grains of your choice.