Cauliflower fried rice is one of my favorite things to cook in the last few months. However, it’s tricky to cook cauliflower rice and have it tastes as good as your Asian takeout. I will show you a quick and easy way to cook a cauliflower fried rice bowl under 30 mins. Once you know the key ingredients, you can alternate the toppings to find your favorite cauliflower fried rice combo.
One thing people always complain about cauliflower fried rice is that it turns out very soggy. I usually purchase the frozen organic cauliflower rice from Trader Joe’s and use half a bag for one serving. Your cauliflower rice will turn out soggy if you add it to the pan frozen. I like to microwave the frozen cauliflower rice for 3-4 mins before adding it to the pan to evaporate all the moisture.
I always tell people who are new to cooking to chop your ingredients patiently. I use a lot of onion, garlic, and green onion in my recipes, it makes a huge difference in developing flavor. It can be painful to prep, but trust me; it’s so worthy.
The essential condiments to get the umami flavor is coconut amino and toasted sesame oil. They are my stables in making Asian inspired dishes. If you never used coconut amino before, I highly recommend giving it a try. It’s a better for you alternative to soy sauce. However, if you are going to use soy sauce, reduce it to 1 tsp, and omit the sea salt.
Feel free to try different toppings on your own, such as peas, kale, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, etc. It’s such as nourish bowl with lots of colorful vegetables and quality protein. I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I do!
Cauliflower Fried Rice
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 4-6 oz cooked protein I like shrimp, chicken, beef, salmon, and sausage
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 6 oz cauliflower rice cooked
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp coconut amino
- 2 green onion chopped
- pinch sea salt
- dash white sesame seeds optional
- Heat a skillet on medium heat with 1 tsp of avocado oil, add chopped garlic, onion, and pepper. Cook about 3-4 mins until the onion turns translucent.
- Add your cooked cauliflower rice and spinach and cook for 3-4 mins until the cauliflower turns a little bit brown.
- Drizzle coconut amino, sesame oil, and add chopped green onion and salt to the skillet. Stir everything together, then turn off the heat.
- Serve it in a bowl and sprinkle white sesame seeds.